Saturday 17 September 2011

NIGHTVISION: reaches its crowdfunding target.


16/09/2011

Hi Workshoppers

If I'm honest it's been bloody hard work crowdfunding. I stupidly thought it'd be a case of putting the project out there and that this new fangled Internet-thingy would do the rest. Boy was I wrong. If everyone involved in Nightvision put as much time into real jobs as we did this then we'd probably all be rich by now and not having to do this anyway. I'm surprised that Twitter and FB haven't banned me yet for spamming.

Still for all that the last 24 hours have been exhilarating and nail biting. It came down to the last hour and I felt a little like one of those bomb disposal types frantically trying to work out whether to cut the blue wire or the red wire. Thankfully I cut the Blue (thank you Mr. Ricketts).

If you had asked me 2 days ago if we'd make the target I'd have laughed in your face with the dry throaty cackle of a man who already knew that the sun was up and that the 500 mile trek across the parched desert was just to go through the motions of pretending to survive. But now that cackle has turned into the smooth purr of a man who knows different.

Personally there were two turning points for me. The first was when Director Kevin Smith re-tweeted about our project, finally it felt like we were getting through and secondly when I saw a gang of friends posting about the project on Facebook. This is when I knew things were swinging our way.

The last 5 hours were incredible as everyone rallied around and with the best Dunkirk spirit got the job done. I really am amazed how my friends (and a little Hollywood star power) have pulled out all the stops and pushed the project harder than they really had any reason to. For this I will always be immensely grateful to them (besides the fact that they're a bloody good lot).

So the moral of the story is, if you're going to crowdfund a project make sure you have good friends who are willing to go that extra mile when it counts.

Nightvision is on it's way...soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment