Sunday 8 December 2019

LONG ROAD PRODUCTION UPDATE DEC 2019

Hi Roadsters
I hope you’re all well. Sorry it’s been a while since the last update but I’ve been full on with finishing a short horror film for Banshee Productions which is almost done. 

Saying that I have been busy getting all the backer perks together for you all and they are pretty much ready to go other than the final DVD’s. They won’t be ready until the film is released so I’m going to send out the perks as they are with the DVD’s to follow later. This will start in Jan as  Xmas is now around the corner and nobody needs that confusion. 

With regards the film itself, I’ve been away from The Long Road for a while and reflecting upon my experience with it at the Galway Fleadh I’ve ‘unlocked’ the film and have started a re-edit. 

This isn’t as drastic as it sounds and is me taking advantage of having the luxury of time to do it. Having some time off from the film has allowed me to look at it fresh and see that the beginning of the film isn’t as strong as the rest. I always knew this would be the case as our lead character is a hard character to like. This was always the point to contrast the change he goes through and I always knew it would be a big ask to expect the audience to stick with it. However it feels that it goes on too long like that and he needed softening a little. With this in mind I felt we needed to tone done his unsympathetic nature and at least give us some kind of way into his character so that we want to spend time with him. Saying that he’s still an absolute git with a lot to learn which was always the point, just not in such a relentless way. 



Now a lot of people would say I shouldn’t talk about this stuff but as backers of the film I think it’s important you are included as much as possible in the process and it happens on every film so what’s the point in pretending otherwise. You’ve signed up to support the film and I think you should share in it warts and all. 

The main thing is that by opening up the film again it will confirm where it works and where it needs work. That’s the beauty of changing things around and looking at it from a different perspective and that can only be a good thing as it will make the film stronger. As I don’t have a deadline to work to it means that I can make sure the film is the best it can be or at least as good as I can make it. Saying that I really do have to put it to bed at some point otherwise it’ll be a life long project the way it’s going. It turns out perfection is impossible to find, who’d have thunk?

Anyway as always may the road rise with you until next time. 

Big love
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment